Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Slideshow in CS

In GL CS, I'd like an automatic slideshow of nine images on my website (never done a slideshow before). Following GoLive CS Help for SlideShow and SlideShowAuto, I placed the first image. It then says:

''...enter a unique alphanumeric name in the More tab of the Image Inspector. Trigger the SlideShow action with a user-triggered or timeline-triggered event, or trigger the SlideShowAuto action with a user-triggered or timeline-triggered event, or with a browser-triggered event set to OnLoad. Choose Action %26gt; Multimedia %26gt; SlideShow or SlideShowAuto. From the Base Image menu, choose the starting image. For # of Images, enter the total number of images in the slide show.''

I don't see where to enter an alphanumeric name in the More tab, nor do I see where to trigger an event. I also don't know where to find Choose Action %26gt;, etc, or where the Base Image menu is.

Would appreciate some help!

Slideshow in CS

I never had CS, I use CS2 so I'm wary of going into too much detail in case things have moved around and I might confuse you. But with the image selected, the Inspector should have a More tab where you can enter a name, you trigger the action by making a text link set to #, and when selecting that link you can look in the Actions palette for the action you want. Maybe that will give you some clues. If not, post back and I'll show you how it's done in CS2.

Slideshow in CS

Kath, thanks for your help. I just found this tutorial for a basic slideshow in GoLive. Not sure of the version, but it looks similar (albeit PC). I'll run through that first and then if I need to, look further here.

http://www.afterhours.org.uk/qtips/sld_act.html

Ok, I got things going pretty well. http://www.greenmountainpetportraits.com/index.html

The only thing I'd like to have is an automatically triggered event when the page appears, not a user one. It looks like that can happen where the instruction is the browser-triggered event set to OnLoad. How is that done?

I figured it out by setting up a Body action where the triggering event became On Parse (browser triggered) instead of Mouse Click.

No comments:

Post a Comment