Sunday, March 28, 2010

Extra info I want out of my signatures

I'm running into a few problems trying to edit the signature field on my form.聽 I want to hide certain parts of the text off to the side that says DN='''' such as the location, email, reason, etc.聽 I want to change the appearance of the field, not my own personal signature, so that no matter who signs it only certain parts will show up.聽 I've looked all over the internet for answers and can't find anything.聽 Is this even possible?聽 Thanks for your help!

Extra info I want out of my signatures

Is the signing done on LiveCycle server?

If yes, this can be achieved by creating PDFSignatureAppeareanceOptionSpec and pass this object as a parameter in sign request

PDFSignatureAppeareanceOptionSpec java docs are available at http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/programLC/programmer/javadoc/com/adobe/l ivecycle/signatures/client/types/PDFSignatureAppearanceOptionSpec.html

If you want to hide DN information set '' isShowDN() = false''

--Santosh

Extra info I want out of my signatures

Okay, I officially qualify as a noob.聽 I put this script ''PDFSignatureAppearanceOptionSpec.isShowDN() =false'' in the layout:ready section of the script using FormCalc, but I'm getting the error message ''accessor 'false' is unknown.''聽 Could you help me out by showing me an example of how to write the script?聽 Oh, and I'm not sure if the signing is being done on LiveCycle servers, but I don't believe so.聽 Your help is appreciated.

-Erik

Does anyone know how to remove DN information from a signature field? (Bump)