Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My AE 6.5 won't load on laptop

I've used AE 6.5 for years on my desktop and recently loaded it on my Acer desktop replacement laptop which also runs on XP and has loads of room and capacity for this program. However, when I click on the shortcut or exe to run the program, it starts to go through the series of credits that it runs through before laoding and then just suddenly disappears and never loads. Never actually gets past that credit sequence.My AE 6.5 won't load on laptop

While I encourage you to upgrade (only $299 -so much more goodness exists within the CS4 walls), have you tried updating to 6.5.1?

My AE 6.5 won't load on laptop

Hi Steve-thanks-I'll update to 6.5.1 and see if that helps. Odd that it won't even launch though...

I'd LOVE to upgrade to CS4, but I've been laid off from my job (like the rest of the country), and my unemployment has run out, so spending money's not an option (sadly).

thanks again.

I recommend you check the Microsoft pages and download the MS Visual C redistributables for version 6,7 and 8, if they are not on your system already. on a clean OS with no other programs they may simply not be in place. also check your graphics card. AE 6.5 also used OpenGL, but of course much less evolved than CS3 and CS4, so actualyl your graphics chipset may be too modern for it. Therefore removing the OpenGL plug-in in C:\Program Fiels\Adobe After Effects 6.5\Plug-Ins\Extensions may be advised.

Mylenium

  • beauty tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment