Tuesday, March 30, 2010

opening a new project: no choice...

Hi all,

recently got a problem when trying to open a new project. The pop-up menu allows DV only, the second choice is no longer available. It presumably happened when I deleted all projects I have done in AVCHD in the meanwhile. My video format is m2ts (Panasonic HDC-SD100). My PC hardware: Intel dual-core 2.8 GHz, 3.5 GB RAM, MSI Nvidia GeForce N9600GT 1GB DDR3 running under Windows XP 3rd ed. and Premiere CS4.

Thanks for any help.

Arno

opening a new project: no choice...

Recently updated to 4.1?

If so you have been bitten by an update bug, requiring you to uninstall, run Clean Script 2 or 3 times and reinstall and then apply the update again. This often happens to people who have previously had the trial version or a faulty install to begin with. Cumbersome, time consuming, but the only reliable solution.

Look here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406241.html

opening a new project: no choice...

Isn't this the preview preference for a DV sequence??DV is my only option there as well from a clean install (no trial).

This is what I see when creating a new project.

Many thanks for this advice. It worked; but as you noted: it was really cumbersome taking hours and hours. Hopefully it will remain like this.

I don't know how this got past Quality Control at Adobe, but a lot of people have been bitten by this 'bug'.

It does seem that there are far too many such problems. Basically, it appears that the installer only finishes some of the work, and does not throw any error messages.

Good luck, and at least Harm got you up and running.

Hunt

But he did not give me any points for the correct answer. This way I may miss the lunch.

Sorry Harm,

I am new in this Forum, so I did not check how to give points. Hopefully, it was correct what I clicked now.

Arno

Looks like Harm got the points, and well-deserved ones, I might add.

He's made me a deal, that if he gets the ''lunch'' at the Adobe cafeteria, he'll pick me up in Arizona to be his ''guest,'' on his way from Holland to San Jose! I'll host him as my guest, but he'll have to find a way to get to Phoenix.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS do I get any points for a ''nice'' reply, even if it didn't really help you, like Harm's reply did???????

No comments:

Post a Comment