Friday, March 26, 2010

Buying Flash Builder 4

Is there any way that I can buy Flash Builder 4 to keep my trial version going? I want to start developing Flex 4 applications now, but my trial version expired. If I buy a Flex Builder 3 license now, will I be able to use that license to keep using Flash Builder 4? I want to buy Flash Builder, but since it's a beta, what are my options?

Buying Flash Builder 4

Hi, you can purchase FB3 and then use that to get a beta extension serial.

Matt

Buying Flash Builder 4

If I buy FB3, will I get a free upgrade to FB4 when it comes out?

No, the upgrade won't be free - I'm not sure that we have determined the upgrade pricing yet.

Vera

Well, actually, this information is not true in the least bit. I just bought a Flex 3 Standard license and was unable to use it with Flash Builder 4. After 2 aggravating hours of trying to deal with Adobe Customer Support, there is no way to make it work. You've been warned.

rfkrocktk,

Are you trying to use your FB3 serial in the FB4 beta? Or did you use the Adobe Flash Builder 4 beta extension site to get a FB4 beta serial?

http://blogs.adobe.com/flex/archives/2009/06/flash_builder_beta_serial_numb.html

Peter

Customer support basically told me that there was no way that I could

continue my trial of Flash Builder 4, so I had to return the software (Flex

Builder 3) the same day I bought it. The application I'm building requires

features present in Flex 4, so I don't have too many choices here. The

software destruction agreement is still pending, but I don't want to go

through the headache of dealing with customer support again.

I had no idea of the serial number request form until now, I wish I did.

Unfortunately I am just going to have to wait until Flash Builder 4 comes

out, to avoid giving my boss a heart attack asking him to buy Flex Builder 3

again. And, to answer your question: yes, I did try my existing FB3 serial

number into Flash Builder 4 and it did not work.

No comments:

Post a Comment