Friday, March 26, 2010

Export markers XML

Is there a way to export a markers XML in Audition like there is in SoundBooth?

Export markers XML

No - markers exist in a text form that's added to the end of any file format that supports them - primarily wav files. But there is a tool that will let you edit them quite extensively and export them in the format they're in - look at CueListTool. I'd rather have them in text format anyway, I think. Don't fancy them too much as XML...

Export markers XML

That was extreemly helpful!?Thanks a lot!

Is there any way to change the markets to use milliseconds instead of seconds?

In what? Audition or CueListTool? Since on the CueListTool home page the markers are already displayed in milliseconds in the graphics, then I'll presume that you mean Audition. Audition displays cues in whatever time scale you select - so if you right-click on the timeline, you can change what your markers are displayed as. Markers can inherently be positioned with sample accuracy, but also you should note that whatever the snapping options are set to will determine exactly where they fall, as this determines where your mouse will end up. You can turn snapping off completely though, and that's as fine a resolution as you'll get. This isn't always very helpful, especially when you are trying to track-mark a CD, because you invariably don't end up on frame breaks, which are quite wide apart (in sample terms).

Ya I tried that.?Right clicking on the timeline.?None of the formats it gives work for me.?What I'm looking for is just milliseconds.?The time formats there only give me time formats of Minutes:Seconds:Milliseconds unless I missed something.?Same with CueListTool.?Anyway, in the program I'm writing, I just decided to convert from the Minutes:Seconds:Milliseconds format to straight milliseconds in my code.

Dan

Or convert from samples where 48samples/msec for 48K and 44.1samples/msec for 44.1k etc.

Oh, I didn't realise that you only wanted milliseconds....

Since nobody in their right mind would ever use that as a time scale in normal recording/editing, the option simply isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment