Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Exporting ID files to Data Management...

I have a client that uses Fringe Facts, a data management software.?I'm on a Mac and they are on a Vista PC. I need to provide Indesign files for them to import into Fringe Facts and then they produce a PDF file for high end printing.

I am now providing RGB jpegs, saved as 300 pdi. They aren't able to import CMYK files, and can only import bmp, emf, gif, jpeg or wmf.

THE ISSUE

The text in the booklet is soft, not as sharp as that I can produce straight from Indesign. Is there some way that I should be supplying files of pages to them that would keep the quality very high? I'm not sure if it's even on my end or not.

Would you to see a sample?

Thank you.

Exporting ID files to Data Management...

Jpgs are raster images, and that's what will happen to the text. If you're limited to the file formats described, you could test exporting to eps and converting to wmf or emf

(search online for ''eps to wmf'' or ''eps to emf'' converter)

To get the text to look good it needs to stay a vector, so those are your only file options.

Fringe Facts clearly isn't meant for ''high end'' printing, so I doubt there's a perfect solution. I'll bet you'll have to keep the design fairly basic (no drop shadows or transparencies) to get the files to work. I've never tried to create a wmf or emf file on purpose, so who knows what the final final will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment