Friday, March 26, 2010

Security Issues with PDF's

Hello All,

I have Adobe Acrobate 9 Pro. When a document is scanned by me or someone else a number of features are ''grayed out.'' For instance, I have a 14 page document scanned by a colleague and when I go to Document%26gt;Extract pages to Rotate Pages is grayed out. I checked the security settings for the document and all restrictions are allowed on the document. When it is opened by other people, they do not have this issue. How do I resolve this? The same thing goes for when I scan documents as well.

If this helps, it says I am viewing this document in PDF/A mode.?Help!

Security Issues with PDF's

You're inadvertantly creating PDF/A documents when you scan them. In your Scan Configure Presets in Acrobat 9 uncheck ''Make PDF/A compliant''.

Security Issues with PDF's

When I went to the configuration the ''Make PDF/A Compliant'' was unchecked but the ''Make Searchable'' was checked (does that make a difference?) Thanks for the quick response!

''Make searchable'' doesn't affect the PDF/A status. As a short-term workaround you can select ''Never'' from the View documents in PDF mode: pulldown under Edit %26gt; Preferences %26gt; Documents panel.

Yes, there it is!! Thank you again, I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this post. You have given an absolute answer to this problem. With the help of this article I got to know something new about PDF's. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience and the problem that you faced.
    digital signature PDF

    ReplyDelete