Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Auto-Update Feature for my AIR...

I have created an Adobe AIR application and have been able to get the application to accept updates when I set the properties of the Adobe AIR SSL to look for updates in a folder on our network.

However, when I try to get the application to accept updates via the web from a location on our web server, the application does not update correctly.?I have read through the forums on this site and watched various webinars but have yet to find a solution to my problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Auto-Update Feature for my AIR...

Try http://forums.adobe.com/message/2087587#2087587


See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Auto-Update Feature for my AIR...

Thanks for your swift reponse Peter but I tried these steps and am still unable to get my application to update.

I can't understand how I can get the application to update locally by specifying the location of the xml file in the SSL properties and not get the application to update when I enter the http address for the xml file in the SSL properties.

I have used the same folder throughout this process and I am baffled as to why it does not work.

Sorry but this is not something I can help you on. I was aware of that post and hoped it would help. Let's hope someone else is watching this thread and can step in.


See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Peter

I was able to resolve the issue with the help of my system admin by setting the IIS MIME type for Adobe AIR .air files to:

extension: .air
mime-type: application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip

Thanks for coming back with that.


See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

I can confirm that we also had this same issue with our version (5.0) of IIS and adding .air MIME type resolved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment