Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can't save ditamap as .ditamap

I have an intermittent problem with my ditamaps. Usually when I click the Save icon, the ditamap saves correctly. Sometimes, the Save Document window appears. When the Save Document window appears, I cannot select a .ditamap type from the Save as type field. Is there a solution for this problem? Why does this window appears when I click the Save icon. I'm not selecting File %26gt; Save Ditamap As.

Regards,

Gale

Can't save ditamap as .ditamap

Gale,

Which version (including point version from the Help %26gt; About) of FM are you using? The most current version FM9.0p237.

Can't save ditamap as .ditamap

I'm using FM9.0p237.

Hi Gale...

You might make sure the DITA map is actually an XML file. You can end up with a binary FM version of a DITA map if you crash and then open the ''recover'' file. When yo usave this it will probably prompt with a different Save As dialog than you're used to. Try opening the map in Notepad (or other text editor) and see if it's XML or binary.

Also .. when saving a DITA map to a new name, be sure to wrap the whole filename is quotes .. ''newname.ditamap'' .. if you don't, but you just type the name without quotes, FM will tack on a ''.xml'' extension to the map name that you enter.

Cheers,

...scott

Thanks, Scott. I'll try that.

You are correct. The problem generally occurs after FrameMaker crashes.

Regards,


Gale

  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment