Sunday, March 28, 2010

Inserted swf playback is choppy

I'm using Presenter 7.0.2. I've created an animation in Flash (at 30 fps and output for Flash Player 6) that gets inserted onto one of the slides. When the swf on the slide plays, it's very choppy. The original swf plays back fine when not inserted in Presenter. Any ideas how to make the animation play correctly in a Presenter presentation?

Here are some things I've tried without any luck:

Publishing options

  • Publishing to my computer (output is a swf)
  • Publishing to PDF

Animation options

  • Using classic tweens
  • Using the new motion timeline
  • Converting the entire animtion to keyframes

Thanks,

Myra

Inserted swf playback is choppy

I've worked successfully before with inserted swf files and they have played fine. But on my latest project, I am encountering the same exact problems..the main problem is that some (and only some) animations skip/jerk as they enter the screen.?They even seem to reverse play a bit (for a frame or two). Like you, they play fine as stand-alone swfs.

Inserted swf playback is choppy

My workaround is to include a streaming sound file in the swf file that lasts the length of the animation. For some reason, the visual choppiness/skipping then stops when its played in Presenter (although the audio itself skips at the end...which I fix by adding a couple seconds of silence at the end of the audio).

Im having the exact same problem - I did notice that its limited to only when I have presenter control the presentation via the playbar.

I tried just inserting audio into my swf file - but still have the same issue.

You said your workaround is to add a streaming sound file - Im assuming you just mean add normal audio to the swf correct?

Myra,

I recently responded to a post similar to this one. Have you looked at this thread yet: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/493316?tstart=0

I've seen instances where inserted SWF files ''stutter'' when played back in Presenter content....even though things look and behave correctly when the SWF file is played back in its own environment.?And although I'm not entirely sure why it happens, I think there's some sort of timing glitch, or perhaps some communication error between Presenter and inserted SWF files, even though the SWF may have been set to run at 30fps.

What does seem to be consistent, however, is that SWF files appear to ''stutter'' more often when they're controlled by the Presenter playback component.?Bottom line, in the thread that I posted to (link above), the solution I came up with was to eliminate 1 second from the duration of EITHER the Flash file OR from the slide that the SWF file is on.?Where you need to eliminate one second's worth of time is going to be dependant on what you have going on in each area, but give that a shot and let me know if you end up with better results than what you're experiencing right now.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

No comments:

Post a Comment