Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Field Problem when playing back on TV...

I have some standard def, field-rendered animation which I have brought into After Effects. I would like to be able to play back the preview on a TV monitor like I do in Adobe Premiere. I have been able to get it to play on a TV, but the fields aren't playing back correctly.

My animation is lower field first.

I have messed around with the render settings, preferences and interpret footage with no luck. Can anyone help?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, I am very new to AE.

Thanks!

Sarah

Field Problem when playing back on TV...

After Effects won't give you an interlaced preview.

To see your interlaced material, you'll need to test render (interlaced), and playback via a program (such as an NLE) that will support interlaced previewing.

If you're trying to view your fields (after separating/interpreting them properly in the project window), you can double the frame rate of your comp, and step through it one frame at a time.

Field Problem when playing back on TV...

As Steve said - one of those old AE riddles that probably won't be solved for the next hundred years. Creating the comp at double the required framerate and turning off field interpretation is your best bet for some sort of life preview. For fianl rendering you would just nest the double FPS comp in a conventional comp with the normal frame rate and AE will do all the sampling correctly.

Mylenium

Ok thanks. I guess I'll try setting up the Dynamic Link to Premiere.

Thank you for the help

which leads me to ask another field related question.....If have a a dynamic link afx embedded in a Premiere timeline and I preview out my firewire to By deck and?Monitor, What am I seeing field/frame wise when I preview this?...my flying things don't quite move right in a temporal way, not quite inverted fields...any one know whow that?is processes...I figured once rendered in Premiere I should see correct fields but some thing still wierd...am i missing something?

DL should correctly obbey your Premiere Pro project settings and request the correct sub-frame from the AE instance for field rendering. If it doesn't line up, maybe your AE comp has the wrong frame rate. While sampling is based on time, not on absolute frames, a mismatch could have funky side effects Also make sure you use HQ preview in Premiere. At draft quality, it may skip fields in favor of performance...

Mylenium

No comments:

Post a Comment