Sunday, March 28, 2010

Downloading .docx files

I have a lead/prospect system that allows salesmen to upload documents to the site for others to download and review.?This has been working great for about 3 years now.?Now that some of the salesman are upgraded to Office 2007, they are starting to upload .docx files.?They upload fine, but when you go to download them, you cant....I am using CF 7.

In Firefox or IE7, when you click the link that leads to the .docx document, it goes to a 404 ''The page cannot be found''.

In Firefox, if I right click, save link as, it just tries to save a firefox document, and it is unopenable.

In IE7, when I right-click and save target as, it gives me an error that the site is unavailable or cannot be found.

I went to the file location and verified the document is there and with the correct name and permissions.

There is even a link to the .doc version of this same file right next to this link and it works perfectly.

I have tried this on 3 other computers with the same result.

Thanks,

Mike

Downloading .docx files

I got it. I didnt realize I had to add the MIME types to IIS......

No comments:

Post a Comment