Friday, March 26, 2010

FLA won't publish in CS3, previously...

I have had this problem a few times lately. When I try to update %26amp; publish files that I created in the same version of Flash CS3 and previously published fine, the ''Exporting Flash Movie'' bar comes up, but no movie compiles. When I go to look for the swf in the Finder (Mac OS 10.5.7), it has mysteriously disappeared, and only the .FLA remains.

It doesn't happen with ALL files I publish, only some -- so I know the SWF preview should come up automatically. I normally work off of a shared network drive, but the same thing happens on my local machine.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Is there a cache I need to clear or something?

Please help! Thanks a million

FLA won't publish in CS3, previously...

I have had this problem in the past and the only way I could ever resolve it was to shut down flash and move the file physically to another location in another directory and reopen it.

I never get errors from the IDE or anything is just refuses to output the file for some reason.

Once I get it publishing again moving it back seems to cure all problems.

FLA won't publish in CS3, previously...

I had the same problem and no error message would pop up for me to look at.

One of the porgrammers here where I work took a loot at it.

Some how he figured out that it was a corupted image file.

As soon as we found and deleted the file everything started working fine again.

Nope, doesn't work. I actually tried publishing a duplicate of a backup version of the file, which was in a different directory and did not have any recent edits, yet the same problem occurred. Doesn't seem to matter if I have restarted Flash, or if the file is local or on a server. The same thing happens -- but only with certain projects. They are all either Flash 8 or 9 and were created in the same version of CS3.

When I contacted Adobe their first answer was to go onto your computer as the Adminitrator Director.

To make sure that you don't have any setting as a user that will impar you from publishing.

This did not solve my problem but it my solve yours,

Thanks,

Travis

Thanks a million for your help, fellas!

I am the admin of this computer, so I should have universal read/write access 閳?besides, some other project files DO publish.

I discovered the file will publish if I delete EVERYTHING from the library. Starting with bitmaps but then ALL symbols, I tried deleting each library item one by one and publishing, but found it is only when the whole library is cleared that the file will publish -- and that will not work as a solution. I find it strange that a completely separate backup file that I have not touched for months, and does not share a library but contains some of the movie clips, has the same publishing problem.

Seems like a corruption issue to me, but I wish Flash would at least throw an error of some kind. I can't realistically go into each corrupted file and recreate everything from scratch. This is bullsh*t!

NOTE: I tried publishing in Flash CS3 on my coworker's computer, and it WORKED. So it is my install of Flash that is the culprit. Maybe I should reinstall?

Nothing wrong with reinstalling it. It couldn't hurt.

Hope it works out for you

Come on! Recreating an entire library should be viewed as an adventure! Out of curiosity if you make a new FLA and move everything over to it and then try and publish it will it go?

BIG DISCOVERY:

You were right about the corrupted library item. Except it wasn't a bitmap: I have a font corruption issue. So any library item that has text in the specific font is causing the problem. Now I have to somehow get a clean version of the font... but at least I figured out what is going wrong. The file would publish on my coworker's computer because she doesn't have the corrupted font. I sure wish Flash would throw a warning when this occurs.

Thanks again for your responses!

Check library for use of corrupted images, fonts, or other symbols. They are causing the publishing problem.

Glad to hear eveything worked out for you

No comments:

Post a Comment