Tuesday, March 30, 2010

automate Action overriding export step

I have recorded a set of actions that I am automating for a few images. At the end I recorded the export and close steps (I records Save For Web - PNG 24 settings). The issue is that the script overrides each image once it's saved.

How can I run the image editing part of the script, and then insure that each file is being exported seperatly with a different name? Should I have not recorded the export part of the script?

automate Action overriding export step

Use File-%26gt;Save As instead of the Save for Web %26amp; Devices command because the Batch command has problems with it (it sees the SFW command as an export command so it can't overwrite the save location)

automate Action overriding export step

thanks.?I just tried that and it's still using the ''test.jpg'' name I give the recorded sample and then overwrites all automated images.

Do I need to run an image process Action and then run a Save As Action afterwards?

It looks like under File %26gt; Batch... that the files will be given a different 'starting Serial #' to differentiate.

Under my Save recorded action I have:

As: JPEG

Quality: 9

Matte: none

In: file name.test.jpg

This makes each image get replaced, how can I correct that?

sorry about that, forgot to add that you also have to have the Override Action ''Save As'' Commands checkbox selected

No comments:

Post a Comment