Sunday, March 28, 2010

Flash Skin not showing up on website

Hello,

I am having what seems to be a common problem, but am not having any luck with any of the solutions I have tried.

I have created a video, gone through the steps in flash cs3, and made the corresponding .swf and .flv files.

I publish preview - html and everything works great, the video plays, the skin shows up and functions flawlessly.

Then, I put the .flv, .swf, and skin.swf files on my hosting server put the html in my site code, and the skin won't show up.

The video plays on its own, and the space is blank where the skin should be, just the skin is not there.

I have tried most anything I can that I have found scouring message boards, etc, but none of the solutions are working for me.

I can give more exact descriptions to anyone willing to help me out.

Thanks for your time

Flash Skin not showing up on website

are your html, swf and skin all in the same directories?

Flash Skin not showing up on website

I put the .swf files in an images folder,

and the ''html'' file is actually a .ctp file,

as i have used cakePHP for the site.

but that file is in another location,

all where they should be as far as I know.

Do I need to pull the .swf files and the .flv file into the same

spot as my .ctp file that references them?

i don't know what a ctp file is but you almost certainly have a path problem.

are you suggesting then, that I should have my html file that the flash file is embedded in,

and the 2 .swf's and the .flv all in the same location?

try it.

Tried to no avail.

with everything in the same directory, clear your browser's cache and retest.?if the skin doesn't appear, wait a minute or two and then reload (with cache clearing) your embedding html.?does the skin appear?

Yes, tried that.

I have tried a good 30 different things.

Would you like more details or a look at the code?

make sure the path to your skin is relative.?if you use an absolute path you'll probably encounter a security issue.

you can post the url to your embedding swf if that above doesn't help you resolve the problem.

Path to my skin?

What is the code for putting a path to my skin.

I have tried different paths to it, but have also read plenty that when you make

the .swf file, that flash does the directing to the skin.

Is it base=''/mypath/myskinname.swf''

????

Is there other html code that I should be using?

Where do I specify the path to the skin.swf file?

Thanks

what's your site's url?

http://mhtlc.com.s60311.gridserver.com

Sorry for the ignorance.

I have not used flash a whole lot obviously.

Thanks for all of your help and time.

If you have chat or anything we can talk via that

to be a little more direct.

Thanks

I went ahead and made the bg color black so you can see where the flash file goes and its size.

I also placed the video back to a location where it works, without the skin working.

Do I need the AC_FL_RunContent.js file somewhere on my server?

Warning: Not a known player download type, http://mhtlc.com.s60311.gridserver.com/SkinUnderPlaySeekStop.swf


okay, I have put in that controller.

Any other ideas?

As well as tried a few more ideas.

Still no skin.

can you tell me why - as soon as I put in the %26lt;noscript%26gt; tag,

it no longer recognizes that there is anything there.

Without the noscript tag, The video shows up and plays fine (just without the skin).

the error mesages are generated by the flash player when opening your swf.?your web host is causing that problem.

i'm not familiar with your webhost and i'm not sure why you have such an unusual url but i suspect that url/host and the error are related.

The unusual url is because it is still on a testing server.

The site is not ''live'' yet, once it is live it will simply be www.mhtlc.com,

but for now, while the site is being built and tested, I have not

changed over the nameservers to the exact url.

zip your html, fla, swf, skin swf and flv and post a link.?i'll bet it works without problem on my server.

okay, figured out a way to get it to work in firefox and explorer,

but safari still autoplays, and no skin.

Would you mind sharing your findings? Thanks

Since the site was php, I was able to tell it:

whenever you find ''myflashmovie.swf'', also find ''myskin.swf''.

It works on all of the browsers I have tested it on now.

  • spots
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment