Friday, April 2, 2010

Issues installing Acrobat Pro

I have tried to install Acrobat Pro after downloading the file.?Every time I start the install process it starts installing and then my computer asks me to install an old version of iPod updater software.?If I cancel the iPod updater software install Acrobat Pro stops installing.

Any ideas??

Issues installing Acrobat Pro

Version of Acrobat, name of the installer file, and where you got the installer file?

Issues installing Acrobat Pro

The Acrobat 9.0 Pro file was downloaded from the Adobe Download site.?The File name is: AcroPro90_efg.exe.?The Akamai Download Manager runs correctly and downloads the file.?When the installation starts there is a program called Nosso(?) that runs to 99.9% and then hangs.?Then another installer starts and wants to install a completely different software.?I tried on 2 different PCs.?On the 1st PC it wants to install an iPod Updater on a the 2nd PC it wants to load the Microsoft ODBC software.?When I cancel the installation of the other software the Acrobat Pro install also stops.

I have been able to resolve this matter myself.?However I had to use a work around.?I was able to locate where the extract program had put the extracted files even though the extract program hung and had to be stopped.?I then started the setup program manually and was able then to install Acrobat Pro 9.0.

This may not be the best way but at least it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment