Friday, April 2, 2010

Changing bit depth of RAW file?

My client asked me to upload some images onto their FTP server, but it didn't work. They asked if my RAW files were perhaps 16 or 24 bits, as their system only allowed 8 bit files.

I use Lightroom 2. The opening screen says 64 bit, when I export files to Photoshop I use 16 bit (only other option is 8 bit). However, I can not export a RAW file as an 8 bit. Any ideas?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Marsel

Changing bit depth of RAW file?

First, 64-bit refers to the Operating System and not the bit depth of the images.

As for changing the bit-depth of the raw files, well, that's not possible.

Changing bit depth of RAW file?

You might want to create an Export Template for JPEGs (which can only be 8 bit), at whatever pixel dimensions your client wishes. If they need TIFFs, also create a Template for those, choosing 8 bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment