Friday, April 2, 2010

CS3 Preflight: Font incomplete

Do any of you know hat it means when preflight says there are no missing or embedded fonts, but one is incomplete?

A colleague just called to ask, and I didn't know, though I thought perhaps it meant the printer half or a T! font is missing, though there was no indication that was the case when she checked in (I think) Font Book. The font is Book Antiqua and T1, OS X 10.4.?.

Exported PDF showed ''dots'' where the font should be. Substituting the TT version seems to have solved the problem, but I'd like toknow what it is.

Peter

CS3 Preflight: Font incomplete

P Spier wrote:

I thought perhaps it meant the printer half or a T! font is missing

CS3 Preflight: Font incomplete

That's what she said. I'd be inclined to think that perhaps the printer half is completely missing, or it doesn't match the screen font for version or soemthing like that (I should have looked this up myself, but I'm having some issues trying to to run check disk on a laptop drive I pulled from a client machine that wouldn't boot, and every time I look at things sideways it quits and I have to restart, thought it ssems to have stabilized at this point).

No comments:

Post a Comment