Sunday, April 4, 2010

BlazeDS and AIR

I created/copied a simple example of sending messages using Flex and BlazeDS. I plan on using AIR, this will not be a browser based app.?If this is an AIR app, do I really need the messaging-config.xml in my client application? Or, will it essentially be ignored? I tried to compile without it, but it failed. I was thinking that only blazeds would require the messaging-config.xml, not the client.

TIA!

BlazeDS and AIR

The configuration files have information for both the client and the server, so the client in most cases does need to get compiled against the configuration files. The main configuration file is services-config.xml. This includes/references the configuration files for the individual services such as messaging-config.xml, the configuration file for the messaging service.

I'm a bit confused. Do you not want to compile in any configuration information (i.e. not compile against services-config.xml) or do you just not want to compile in the messaging service configuration information (i.e. not compile against messaging-config.xml).

It is possible not to compile any configuration information into the client but then to use BlazeDS you must configure everything yourself in your client code. If you're interested in doing this I'd recommend taking a look at this blog posting that talks about how to set something like this up.

http://sujitreddyg.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/creating-blazeds-channels-at-runtime /

Hope that helps.

-Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment